Thursday, May 05, 2016

A Bouquet of Flowers for you!


Hello everyone,

It's Donna here sharing another beautiful card using the CottageCutz dies!  As Janja said on Tuesday, May is the month for flower's to bloom, you know the old saying "April showers, bring May flowers".  On my card, I am playing with distress inks, watercolor paint and watercolor paper.  Just a mixture of everything!


Here is how I put my card together....

  • Card base  is an A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
  • Double stitched rectangle die first and third (from the largest)
  • Center inked piece is the center piece from the rectangle

Since I do not have the stitched wide rectangle dies by CottageCutz, I had to make one with the double stitched rectange dies.  I die cut my frame using these two dies at the same time.  I used some repositional tape so the dies would not slip.


I cut the frame out twice so I could use the frame as a mask to ink up my background.  You could also use painters tape to do this.


 I used some distress ink on cardstock so I could die cut my leaves.  I often ink or use water color paints on a large sheets of paper and that way I can have some for projects later.  This is what I did with the flowers.  The flowers are die cut out of watercolor paper that I used watercolor paints.

Here are a couple of the flowers I had some leftover watercolor paper that I used to cut the flowers out.  I used my rolling tool some my flowers would not be flat. 


I cut the vase out with vellum and after I finished cutting all my dies, I assembled my card.  I really like how it came out.  What do you think?  I hope you will hop on over to the store and see what might fit your fancy.

Dies used to make this card.




7 comments:

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Love it Donna! Beautiful bouquet!

Janja said...

Very pretty!

Karen in PA said...

Beautiful flower arrangement - and it never dies and has to be tossed!!!!

Lovely!
Karen

Joanne said...

So pretty Donna. I love the bright colors!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Lovely bright colours

Mary Marsh said...

pretty card Donna-love the sponged background and the bright bold bouquet

Vladuška said...

This is very pretty bouquet.