Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Thank you cards

Hi, Janja here!

May is considered the month of fertility and love, the month when the buds burst open and the flowers bloom. Perfect for my first post in May to use dies from the flourish & flowers release.


For card we need:
  • white scalloped card base: 5 x 5" (12,7 x 12,7 cm), folded
  • colored cardstock: 4 x 4" (10,1 x 10,1 cm)
  • white cardstock: 3.5 x 3.5" (8,9 x 8,9 cm)
  • glue
  • Distress inks: Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean
  • Memento inks: Angel Pink, Cantaloupe, New Sprout, Pear Tart 
From white cardstock cut out a square with a cross-stitched square die (the largest die from the set) and spray it with Distress inks or use a stamp. With foam tape, fasten it to a color coordinated cardstock.
Now we start with cutting out leaves and flowers. I chose two new dies: leaves & stems, and Doodle flower set 1.


When we have flowers and leaves attached to the background, cut out the word thank you in two colors and with a lag also paste it on the background.


As with the thank you card wasn't a lot of work and I was pleased with the pink version, I made two more in other colors.




I hope, I am given you a little inspiration.


Dies, which I used at work: 





Thank you for watching.

Janja

10 comments:

Tina Z. said...

janja, this is stunning, I absolutely love your design.

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Love it Janja!!

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful set of cards Janja-I love all 3 colors-I think my fave is the cantaloupe and yellow one-you did a great job with these doodle flowers

oldpunca said...

That is just great Janja. You have created amazing cards.

Joanne said...

Beautiful cards Janja. I love the colors!
Joanne

lifesabeach32940 said...

Janja ... I absolutely love your cards and hope you can help me. How do you Spray the distressed inks to create the awesome backgrounds? I'd love more instructions! Also, what glue do you use to adhere such delicate dies? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Vladuška said...

I love your cards, Janja. They are so beautiful.

Janja said...

Thank you ladies.

Beautiful background will be achieved by Stampin'Up - grunge stamp set that I used too.
In flowers and leaves it is not necessary to apply adhesive over the entire surface. With fineline applicator, apply it only in the middle of the flowers, and the lower part of leaves. Other parts remain slightly raised and look nicer. Any glue that is strong and quickly grasped, it is good. Mine is RAYHER - hobby glue.
I hope I have helped.
Janja

lifesabeach32940 said...

You are AWESOME, Janja!! You helped IMMENSELY!! I have to thank you and the other members of the Design Team for the additional details you have been providing for creating your projects. You are a real gem for answering my questions so quickly!! All of the dies you used on your cards are going straight to my wish list!!

Diane said...

I LOVE these and I have just recently purchased these doodle dies and I love the inspiration you have given to use them!