Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spooky Treats Card

I absolutely love Halloween. Have since I was a little girl and nothing has changed. The costumes, the candy and the decorations are simply "Boo"tiful!!! Hi everyone, Erika Taylor here today to share with you a little Halloween card I created. If you haven't seen Spooky Treats before, you just have to take a look.

For this card I used the tombstone from the Spooky Treats die set. First I cut it out in black card stock. then a second one was cut out using white card stock. I applied Versamark to the white tombstone and embossed with a great Antique Pewter embossing powder to give it a more realistic feel. I love that the Cottage Cutz dies can be altered using embossing powders. Here she is...


Just so the tombstone wasn't floating, I added some fringed grass to anchor it. The little R.I.P letters are also a part of the Spooky Treats die, which I added a little Stickles to so they would POP. If you want to see a larger photo, just click on the photo itself to see the details.

Speaking of Halloween, have you seen the new Halloween dies that have just been released? Holy Doodles BATMAN!!!! I'm gonna need one of everything. Over the next while, I think I'm going to create some more Halloween goodies for all of you, so if there is something in particular you'd like to see, just leave a comment and let me know.

Until next time
Toodles
Erika Taylor


3 comments:

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Love how you embossed the tombstone!

Lorie said...

Very well done, Erika! LOVE IT!!!

Angelica Suarez said...

ME too Erika!! I LOVE Halloween! The colors, the chill in the air, just everything about it! Love your card!!