Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Winter Whimsical Village




Welcome back, friends. Marla, here today and I thought I would pop in to share this adorable Christmas card I created using "Winter Whimsical Village" from CottageCutz.




I began by using the "Winter Whimsical Village" die to cut out all of my images using Accent Opaque 100 lb. card stock. I was careful to place all of the pieces for each house in their own little pile, before I got to work on inking.




I am a superfan of Catherine Pooler's inks and especially adore the "Spa Collection" colors. For my project, I used "Buttercream, Seafoam, Sage, Hot Tub, Stone Blue, Peppermint Scrub, Pink Champagne and Clay Mask." I also used the neutral tones of "Slate, Over Coffee and Macchiato." I enjoy ink blending, so this is typically my go to for die cuts to customize the images. After I completed the coloring process, I assembled all of my pieces and added foam tape to four of the five houses and the deer.



I considered inking a background but settled on a simple white one. I did want texture, so I used a retired Simon Says Stamp 3D embossing folder to add texture to my card. Any snowy embossing folder would work. I love the clean and simple appearance, and I think it keeps the focus on my scene.




After searching through my dies, I thought the CottageCutz "Tis the Season" die was the perfect sentiment for my card. The playful font worked well with my whimsical village. I die cut it twice from the white cardstock and once using a sage green polka dot patterned paper from my stash. I stacked and glued the white layers together and offset the sentiment cut from patterned paper.




Finishing off the card, I adhered my embossed panel to an A2 top folding card base. I laid out my design and adhered all of the piece to the card front. For a touch of sparkle, I added Nuvo "Fresh Snowfall". I love how small touches, such as this, add so much charm to the design.




Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope this jump start to Christmas gave you some motivation to get inside your craft room. Until next time.....Marla









Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz



No comments: