Saturday, August 18, 2018

Teapot Snowman

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

Our new Christmas dies have arrived and are available, and on a 25% sale,  in the online store.  There are 29 new designs in this release and it's only Part 1. The design team has started featuring these new designs and we are hoping to give you lots of ideas for your Christmas cards.

For my card today, I am using the Teapot Snowman die. I am presenting it as a Christmas card, but it could also work for a Christmas thank you note, a winter birthday or as a get well card. So let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Step 1: This week I started my card with the card colors. I used the colors for the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge #700 which are sweet sugarplum, mint macaron and chocolate chip. I thought they were perfect colors for this cute little guy peeking out of a teapot.

sweet sugarplum, choc chip, mint macaron
Mint Macaron Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Layering Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Mint Macaron Striped Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
 
Step 2: Cut the snowman and teapot in the challenge colors. Used a darker green for the holly, the berries, candy cane and heart I used a cherry red.
I used the largest nested stitched eyelet oval and the 2nd largest from the oval set die to cut the panels for the image. I used sweet sugarplum although in this photo it looks just a bit darker than the true color. Sometimes our cameras just don't cooperate fully (lol).
Step 3: All the elements are cut and ready for card assembly. I started with the patterned paper panel since I am using ribbon on my card.  The ribbon is also the mint macaron shade.  
Stamped my sentiment in chocolate chip ink. I used my MISTI because it's a clear stamp and sometimes you don't get a good image with one stamping. Today though, one stamping worked fine.
I attached the image to the oval panels using dimensional adhesive. I always like the look when the image is just slightly lifted. It just gives nice dimension to your work.
To complete my card, I decided to add a small bow and I scattered some sweet sugarplum enamel dots.
Well, that's it for me for another week. I hope I have given you an idea for using this die. See you next Saturday.
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzteapotsnowman.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscallopovalset.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzovalsetbasics.aspx
 
 

6 comments:

Lois said...

Super cute, and I love the colors!

Pam MacKay said...

Love this cute teacup snowman and the color combo is so perfect!

Jeanne said...

Love the colors you chose! They weren’t traditional but work so well with this image - love it!

Karenladd said...

This teapot snowman is just adorable and I love the colors that you used.

lritchie said...

Awesome new die, love the card you've made!

Janja said...

Very pretty! I like the soft colors.