Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spring Window Scene

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us on this St Patrick's Day 2018. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Hope you all have recovered from the switch to Daylight Savings time. It usually affects me for a couple of days, but I think I am adjusted now. Love the longer daylight that's for sure.

Before I start with today's card, I wanted to let you know we have a new release of dies. It's our Rise & Shine collection and they are currently on a 25% sale. To see some card samples from the team - click here and here

Today, I am showing a card from our Spring die collection. I am using the Spring Window w/Vine  and also the Chickies w/Egg Plant dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: I decided to create an outdoor scene. Started by using a brick wall stencil and white 3-D molding the wall. I stenciled on a light gray cardstock.
Carefully removed the tape and set it aside to dry. I like how some of the brick have the appearance of slight imperfections. Just like real brick. This panel is 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".
Step 2: On this step I cut my window, vine and flowers. I love the detail of the flowers in this die. Used sweet sugarplum, rich razzleberry and daffodil yellow cardstocks.
I cut my 2 chickies from daffodil yellow cardstock and sponged the edges slightly with wild honey distress ink. Just to add a little depth.
Step 3: Ready to start some card assembly. I used dimensional adhesive on the window and chicks. I like the dimension it gives to your card. Since you are looking into the window, I added some sweet sugarplum cardstock so it would look like a painted wall. The Spring grass is an older CottageCutz die.
Step 4: I wanted to get a sentiment on this card and I just wasn't quite sure how to do that. Thought about stamping on the egg shell or on the grass but neither of those ideas really resonated with me. Then the lightbulb went off and I decided to add the Joy phrase to the window.
It is the perfect size. And, this die is currently 80% off. You can pick it up for just a $1.00 in the online store.
I also cut 3 butterflies in the same colors as the window flowers. They are from the Spring Meadow die.
 
Step 5:  To complete my card I used the sweet sugarplum cardstock. The card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for an Easter card. You still have time to get these dies if you want to re-create this card. See you next Saturday!
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringwindowwvine.aspx
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringmeadow.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzchickiesweggplant.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsjoy.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=spring+grass
 
 

8 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the textured brick background for your window! Very cute scene!

Lois said...

This is so cute, Mary! I love that texture paste background -- looks very realistic.

Anja Ž. said...

Love the background and those cute chicks.

Janja said...

Such a lovely card. The background turned out perfect.

Sherry said...

Absolutely love it Mary. My little girl saw the card on my screen and said it was pretty. When I asked her if it was prettier than mommy's cards, she said "YES". Yeap, I can always count on Mariah for her honest opinion. LOL So I told her, "Mrs. Mary is a very talented lady so I could understand why you like her card so much". I taught her to be honest about everything and you can see that she is. LOL ~ Hugs, Sherry

Jeanne said...

Cute card Mary! The brick background is great; goes so well with the window.

Tam said...

nice card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Cute brick and chick (LOL)card Mary! I bet it was fun to create the brick background and the chicks are just so much fun to play with. -Janet