Friday, December 15, 2017

Gingerbread Gift Card Holder

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting today after taking a week off for a business trip.  We're getting down to the wire for Christmas and if you're like me, your go-to gift (especially for teenagers) is a gift card!

The Fancy Pocket Plus die makes the perfect gift card holder.  It comes with accessory dies or you can decorate it for any occasion using other dies.  Here I used the Gingerbread Man Cupcake die.
I cut all of the cupcake pieces from various colors of card stock.
I used Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber to shade the edges of  the gingerbread man and icing.
I cut the pocket from a coordinating color and used a hole punch in the top so that I could make a tag type holder.
Next I assembled the cupcake and used foam tape n the back so it would sit up off of the pocket.
After assembling everything I added Nuovo drops for the sprinkles on the frosting.

I love this pocket because it makes gift card holders so easy!  I made this into a tag but you can easily use it to add to a card.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancypocketplus.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgingerbreadmancupcake.aspx

Have a fun and creative weekend!


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a creative idea for a gift card Jeanne - and using the Fancy Pocket Plus die is a great way to get more use out of our dies and takes all the guess work out of having to measure-

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable gift card holder! Love the cupcake on the front of it!

Lois said...

Very clever gift card holder!

Sukie said...

Adorable gift card holder! The pocket would also be perfect for tucking in some money!

Janja said...

Very creative and beautiful!

Anja Ž. said...

This holder is such a great idea. It looks beautiful.