Monday, December 18, 2017

Feel Better Bear

Hi, Lois here today with another card using dies from the Get Well release from CottageCutz.   The cute dies were released for Black Friday.  Again, I've made something other than an A2 card -- it's a Z Box Fold card, using both Bear Patient die and the Ouch with Tooth die, as well as a Double-Stitched Square die.


As I wasn't sure which of the images from the Bear Patient die I was eventually going to use, I cut all the pieces out of white cardstock so that I could color them.  I knew I was only going to use one sentiment from the Ouch with Tooth die, so I just cut it out of red cardstock.


Using various Copic markers and a couple of Wink of Stella brushes, I colored the bear pieces and constructed the various images.

I then cut the cardstock for the base of my card -- a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of dark brown and a 9 3/4" x 4" piece of kraft.


I scored the long piece at 5 1/4".   With the short edge of this piece at the top of my paper cutter and the long edge at the 1" mark, I cut a slit from the 3" mark to the 7 1/2" mark.   IMPORTANT:  If you decide to make a similar card, be sure that the larger section of the cardstock strip is at the top before you cut the slit.  (Ask me what happens when you don't place it in your paper cutter the correct way!)


I placed  the strip on my Scor-Pal with the long edge across the top and the larger section toward the left.  I then scored at the 3" mark down to the slit.  At the end of the slit (at the 7 1/2" mark), I scored down to the edge.  (I slightly folded on the score lines so that you can see them.)


Fold on the score lines to make the "box."



Apply Scor-Tape to the back of the 4 3/4" x 4" section, as shown.


Now it was time to cut the background panels of the card.  I wanted to use the Double-Stitched Squares and Rectangles on my card, but the rectangles weren't quite the right size.  So I just cut the front panel with the die and the rest of the panels as listed:
Cream cardstock - 2 1/2" Double-Stitched Square, 4" x 2 1/2" rectangle
Dark brown cardstock - 2 3/4" square, 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" rectangle, 3/4" x 5" strip, and (2) 3/4" x 2" strips
Patterned paper - 1/2" x 4 3/4" strip and (2) 1/2" x 1 3/4" strips



I layered the panels and adhered them to the front of the card.



I then glued the die cuts to the front and inside panels . . .


. . . removed the protective covering from the Scor-Tape and glued the back panel to the dark brown card base, carefully centering it.


And my card was complete.


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbearpatient.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzouchwithtooth.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx





5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great fancy fold to showcase your cute little boo- boo bear. Who wouldn't welcome this in their mailbox - love it

Pam MacKay said...

Love the Z-fold adorable for someone not feeling well. They can prop it up by their bed and look at all the wonderful details

Janja said...

Another beautiful and creative card, Lois!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card - I love z-fold cards. And the paper combos you were very nice!

Anja Ž. said...

Such a cereative project. I love it.