Monday, November 20, 2017

Thank You, Doctor!

Hi, Lois here with my pre-Thanksgiving post.  Along with Thanksgiving comes Black Friday.  The Scrapping Cottage/CottageCutz is celebrating Black Friday with a new release of 12 Get Well-related dies.  They will be available at special pricing for the bundle.  The one I used for my card today is called Medical Bag.  It's not actually a "get-well" card, but rather a thank-you card you might send your doctor for a job well done.



To start my card I cut a piece of heavyweight white cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4".  In addition, I cut a piece of red cardstock 5 1/4" x 4 1/8" and a piece of black and white plaid patterned paper 4" x 5 1/8".



The reason I left only 1/8" difference in the layers on my card is because I wanted to cut a frame with the square wide-frame die, and I needed larger than normal base layers.  I also cut a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than the frame and the "thanks" sentiment die.


I then  added strips of foam tape behind the frame.

Now I was ready to cut the pieces from the Medical Bag die.  I've embraced a "tool" that Janet introduced us to in one of her videos -- a fun foam sheet wrapped with Press 'n Seal.  This is marvelous to keep all those little die-cut pieces from getting lost.  Thanks, Janet!!!


I sponged a little bit of darker blue on the caduceus and constructed the doctor's bag and stethoscope.  As I was putting the stethoscope together, I realized that the largest circle should have been gray, not black.  So I cut another circle from the gray cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment onto the white panel inside my frame.


All that was left now was to complete my card.  I glued the "thanks" at the top of the card and the completed frame below it . . . and I was done.


Be sure to check out the CottageCutz website on Black Friday.  Here's a video showing all the dies in the Get Well release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziph4f2FWyE&feature=youtu.be


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:




http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwidesquareframesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusthanksphrase.aspx



7 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Lois, Fantastic thank you card for a physician! I have a nephew studying to be a doctor and I know I'll be using this set when he graduates. Happy Thanksgiving too! -Janet

Janja said...

Beautiful card. I like all these new dies!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great idea and card to send a thank you to your Dr. - so many options with the new get well dies

Sukie said...

Fabulous card! The design is so awesome and I just love how you used each of the dies!

Anja Ž. said...

Wonderful idea. This new designs are really great.

Jeanne said...

What a great way to say thank you to a doctor (or nurse)!

Pam MacKay said...

Great way to thank a doctor!