Saturday, November 18, 2017

Feel Better (New Get Well Dies)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

 Some exciting news! There is a new bundle of "Get Well" dies that are coming as part of the CottageCutz Black Friday release.  And, along with this new release will be some special pricing on all the dies. They will be in the online store soon.

Here is a short video that will show all the new dies in the Black Friday release.

Today, I am giving you a sneak peek of two of the new dies. I am using Chicken Soup and Ouch with Tooth dies. They are all so cute. This little chicken just made me giggle so I had to create a get well card with him as the star. So let's get started on my card details.

Step 1: Since I knew what dies I was going to use, I just needed to decide on my card colors plus the card layout. I found a great sketch that I thought would work well with my design. I chose the wonky striped patterned paper because I thought it would work well with the whimsical chicken image.

Yellow Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Yellow Striped Patterned paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Red Rectangle Layer: used the largest of the pierced rectangle dies.
White Image Layer: used the largest of the rectangle dies.
Step 2: I decided to cut and assemble my die pieces at this point just to make sure everything would fit in the layout I had chosen to use. Love the detail on the can of chicken soup. the chicken is just too cute sitting in the bowl along with the soup noodles.
Step 3:  Started my card assembly. I adhered the panels to the card base with double sided tape. It's my go to adhesive. I wasn't sure what I was going to use for the horizontal layer of the sketch. I thought of ribbon but because this is more of a fun card, I decided to use yellow cardstock. The panel measures 1 1/4" x 4 1/4".

Step 4: I am now ready to adhere the dies to the image panel. I used the chicken noodle soup can in place of the circle on the sketch. The detail on the soup can is amazing. I have a close-up photo and also you can click on the photo to make it even larger.
I finished off my card with a few sequins - hearts and regular circles. I thought it just added a finished element to the bright and cherry card.
 
That's it for me for another week. See you next Saturday. For all our US friends, hope your Thanksgiving Day celebration is a wonderful one.
 
Dies I used to create card:
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzrectanglesetbasics.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedrectanglesetbasics.aspx
 
 
 

10 comments:

Lois said...

You picked my favorite die from the release -- the Chicken Noodle Soup. I thought that chicken was just too cute -- and I loved the noodles!!! Nice layout and color choices.

Janja said...

Oh, how cute it is ♥.

Sukie said...

Such an adorable card Mary! I absolutely love the Chicken Noodle Soup theme with that bowl of noodles and chicken! The soup can is way too cute and I love how you created your card! Looking forward to the Black Friday sale!

SugarShine Designs said...

Mary, your card is absolutely perfect! Your paper pattern and color choices are spot on as usual. No matter how bad someone may be feeling, this card will certainly put a smile on their face and let them forget their troubles for a little while. Great work. -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

I love this die and your papers and colors work perfectly with it! Adorable card!

sandybb said...

Love these dies; they're soooo cute!

karen said...

I thought I left a comment here but don't see it so I'll try again. I love all of the Get Well dies to be released, and appreciate getting to see them early. My favorite is the wheelchair, but I also think this chicken soup one is super clever!
Karen

Bev Polen said...

Mary, your card is absolutely adorable!! Love it!!

Jeanne said...

Mary, this card is so cute. That chicken made me laugh out loud when I saw it! It would definitely cheer up anyone who is feeling under the weather.

Anja Ž. said...

Such a great card. I just love this new dies and you used it so well.