Friday, September 02, 2016

Cornucopia Thanksgiving


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.
 
The 2nd part of the Christmas dies have been released as well as new Autumn dies. If you haven't been over to the online store, you should definitely go and take a look at all the new goodies.
 
 And, today I am showing you several of the new Autumn sets with the Cornucopia, Give Thanks and Wheat Stalks dies. They are all so perfect for creating your Thanksgiving or Fall cards. I like to send Thanksgiving cards to Family and Friends to remind everyone that we have so much to be thankful for.
 
So let's get started with the details of how I created my card today.
Cinnamon Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Vanilla Image Panel: 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
 
I started my card this week by die cutting all the fruit, veggies and the cornucopia. I used the color of cardstock corresponding to the fruit or vegetable image. I dusted the edges of the images with inks to match.
 
Now this part of the card is ready for assembly on the vanilla panel. I also die cut the Give Thanks word in a rich raspberry cardstock. Cut it 2x and layered for a little added dimension. On this panel I also used fun foam to lift it up from the card base. I think doing gives the card added interest.
 
Here is a close-up shot of the fruit and veggies. The detail on the CottageCutz dies is so amazing and takes your cards to the next level.
 
The completed card
For this card , I also completed the inside panel with a stamped Thanksgiving sentiment and I used the wheat stalks die cut in kraft cardstock to add a little attention.
card inside
 
 Here is a close-up photo of the wheat stalks. That cute bow is part of this die set. It cuts in one pass with 6 stalks of wheat and the bow.
 
Well, that's it for me for this week. See you again next Friday. Have a great week-end and hope you have time to create. So until next time .......inky hugs.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcornucopia.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwheatstalks.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgivethanks.aspx
 
 
 

6 comments:

karen said...

Your cornucopia is luscious, Mary, and I love how you carried it into the inside with the wheat. I love both of these dies.
karen

Diane said...

Beautiful...I love fall dies and have to add these to my ever growing wish list!

Bev Polen said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mary!! I love the gorgeous cornucopia, wheat stocks, and sentiment! The card's inside is gorgeous as well! As usual, Mary, you've created another wonderful piece of art!

creative lady said...

Mary, your card is beautiful....I have all these pieces laying on my desk to put together!

Anita Kejriwal said...

A lovely cheerful card

Юлия Кузнецова said...

What a beautiful card! I like Autumn so much!))