Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Fancy Pocket Plus Father's Day Card


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a new die set from the May release. I have used the Fancy Pocket Plus die along with dies from the March Nautical release and created a Father's Day card. This big day is approaching quickly so time to get busy making a card for your Dad, hubby, sons etc.

I started my card this week with the idea of using the Fancy Pocket Plus die and from there my Father's Day card developed. So let's get started with some card details.

Once I decided on a nautical theme, I looked through my patterned paper stash to see what would work best. I already had my color scheme somewhat figured out.  Then I found this great paper that had a map on it and one of the colors I wanted to use. This was a good start.

Card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Patterned paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

 
Once the base and layer panels were cut, I started on my pocket. This new fancy pocket plus die makes it so easy to create a pocket for your card. No more measuring and scoring, It's all figured out for you with this die.


Once it's cut all you have to do is fold on the score lines and then tape together. Easy Peasy! I used Scor-tape to secure it. It's a strong double sided adhesive so you don't have to worry about the pocket coming apart.


 
assembled pocket

Now that I had my pocket assembled, I cut more of the patterned paper to make an insert for the pocket. This piece is 2 1/4" x 3 3/8". I decorated this with the lighthouse w/clouds die and stamped a Father's Day sentiment. 

 
The outside of the pocket is adorned with the pelican die and some starfish cut with the paddles & rope ladder die. I added a small clip to the insert to make it easy to remove from the pocket and for added interest.
 
 
I taped this pocket to the front of my card base along with a sailboat. Used the sailboat large die and cut with a deep red cardstock to complete the front of my card.
 
 
Stamped another sentiment on the inside and also decorated it with the rope from the paddles & rope ladder die and a crab using the crab die.
 
 
And, that's it for me for this week. But wait, last week I promised a giveaway if you left me a comment with other ways to use the garden friends die set. I liked the idea that Karen Briguglio gave me. She suggested using the dies as a topper for canning jars. She would make some trail mix and give it to someone going camping. Creative idea!
 
Well, Karen I will be sending you the extra set of card elements I cut out last week. Get in touch with me at mrmarsh917@msn.com and give me your mailing address. I will get it out to you in the mail.
 
So friends until next time........inky hugs!!!
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancypocketplus.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlighthousewclouds.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpelican.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsailboatlargeelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcrab.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpaddlesandropeladdernet.aspx
 
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Vladuška said...

Beautiful father's Day card, mary. I love the nautical look of it.

Janja said...

I love this beautiful card, Mary.