Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thank You with Lacy Edge


 This week I have a after the season Thank You card. I wanted a simple elegance card using a Christmas die, but still not screaming Christmas. I used the Cottage Cutz ""Partridge & Pear Tree"" 4x4 die. I used solid white and pearlized white cardstock. This made a nice contrast, but yet kept the simple white I wanted. I cut the tree in white cardstock four times and the pearl white cardstock once. I wanted the tree to standout and be thick, so I glued two solid white and the pearl on top to create a chip board thick look. I added  clear micro jewels and placed a simple bird in the tree. The bird was also from the Cottage Cutz die. .  .I just snipped the gobble gobble off the top of his head.  Than added the foil sentiment. The panel that the tree is mounted on is 3 1/4" x 5 3/4".
 The border down each side of the card was also made from the Cottage Cutz Partridge & a Pear Tree die. With the other two trees that I cut out of white cardstock I cut two slightly wider than 1/2" borders. The card was cut from a 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" front panel out of pearl cardstock. I glued the 1/2" border down each side of the pearl cardstock cut side in. . puzzle piecing a little. Than I used foam dots and added the center tree panel, the panel covered up the straight cut edge of the border. The edge is flipped in color contrast (white on pearl) from the pane. Using the tree to make the border means the scroll border edge on the card matches the scroll work on the tree.. 


 Here I used the same concept on a heart. Below is the back of the heart showing how I glued the scroll border around the edge. On a 2 3/4" high heart one tree did a little over half the heart. You do need to do a little more snipping of the border to go around the curves, but as you look at the finished heart. . it turns out great from the front and you do not notice the stop and start.
Hope every one had a great Christmas and we are all looking forward to a good New Year.
Thank You   B

9 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing all those tips~!

jordiegirl said...

Beautiful and such a brilliant idea.

Carol Hurlock said...

What an awesome idea. I love it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Olena said...

Awesome card! Thank you for sharing! Olena

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful Thank you card!!!
Love how you used the tree to border the heart, awesome idea!!! LOVE it!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

nbuston said...

Fabulous innovations, very elegant designs. Top notch!

Barbara said...

WOW!!!! What a neat use of the tree.

Lisa aka Raining said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

Vladuška said...

This is great idea and awesome work.