Monday, September 05, 2011

Trick or Treat!






With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to make a treat box. I used the Window Box tutorial from the Scor-Pal website. I did change the dimensions of the box, however, to make it a little bigger. (See the end of the post for details).

I loved playing with the new dies from Cottage Cutz - and actually, the Witch's Castle Door inspired the whole project.....because, the really cool thing is that you can make the door open!

So, I used the Halloween Fun stamp from Crafty Secrets to stamp my sweet little trick-or-treater, and glued her to a piece of acetate in the door opening. I glued some Autumn Flower Soft around her feet to look like leaves blowing in. She looks so shy coming to the door for a little candy. I added accessories from the Castle Door die, as well as the Lantern Mini and Owl Mini dies, to complete the scene. The Happy Halloween on the side of the box is from the Haunted House Border.




To make this box, please refer to the tutorial at the Scor-Pal website, but instead of cutting your cardstock 9 x 6 3/4, cut it 12" x 8 3/4". Your score lines will be 1", 5 1/2", 6 1/2", 11". After you turn the paper, you will score at 3/4" and 7 3/4".

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh my goodness Gini this is adorable! I love your treat box and thank you for showing how the door can be used either open or closed. I love all of the dies that you used for this project and the idea of using Flower Soft for leaves is such a great idea! Great job!

Lori said...

Stinkin cute, as always, I love your work. I hope the Halloween fairy will deliever this one to my door filled with goodies :)

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Such an adorable Halloween treat box!

Cheryl Walker said...

DARLING box Gini!!! Love the Door die cut you used and how it opens, tooo CUTE!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Lorie said...

Great job, Gini!! This little Halloween box is too cute, and the working door and each special detail is absolutely wonderful! VERY WELL DONE!!!