Friday, March 23, 2018

With "Mush" Love

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card for spring.  I love the new stitched dies.  And I fell deeply in love with the Stitched Mushrooms and the snail from the Stitched Garden Friends set as soon as I saw them.
I started by choosing the patterned paper so I could get my colors - Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Calypso Coral.  I cut the side fold A2 card base from the grey, a Pool Party Panel 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches and a panel from the pattern 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I glued the patterned paper to the blue panel but did not glue them to the card base yet.
Next I die cut all the pieces from white, Smoky Slate, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. I used two mushrooms from Stitched Mushrooms, the snail from Stitched Garden Friends and the second largest circle from Nested Scalloped Circles. You may notice that a couple of pieces are missing from this photo.  That's because I sometimes "design-on-the-fly"; that is, I make decisions and change the design as I work.
I used a stamping platform to stamp my sentiment.  (I purchased a set of mushroom themed sentiments because a very good friend is a morel mushroom hunter - who knew such people existed?)  I placed everything in the platform, arranged my elements with sentiment on the circle, then carefully moved the elements and set a magnet in place.  I knew that the sentiment would now be in the correct place.
When the sentiment had been stamped I glued the mushrooms in place and added the snail with foam dots.  I then started to arrange it on the card with a piece of ribbon cut slightly longer than 5 1/2 inches.
However, I felt the main image didn't "pop" enough.  Here is my "design-on-the-fly"; I decided to add another element under the white scalloped circle.  I found the next size up scallop circle was too large but the second largest circle from the Double Stitched Circles worked perfectly!  Since my ribbon is coral, I made the circle blue.  I folded the ribbon behind my panel and glued it, then adhered the panel to the card front using foam tape to add dimension.
I glued the scalloped circle to the blue circle and adhered it with foam dots to the front of the card.  My second "design-on-the-fly" element is this cute button.  I was going to use a real button even though the color wasn't a perfect match, when I noticed that I had also cut a button (normally for the flower center) from the Stitched Garden Friends set when I cut my snail shell.  It worked perfectly!  Just the right color and size!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedmushrooms.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedgardenfriends.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscallopcircleset.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my card.  Have a creative weekend!

7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this s such a cute card Jeanne- love this paper (I have some of this collection)so perfect for this die set-and the sentiment is just as perfect - welcome back hope you had a great vacation

Tam said...

This is so cute! I love mushrooms. Love the paper and the colors!

Pam MacKay said...

Such a cute card love the color combo!!

SugarShine Designs said...

Very awesome paper, color choices and of course dies! It's perfect. -Janet

Sherry said...

Great card and I love how you coordinated all of the colors. Totally adorable.
Hugs,
Sherry

Brenda C. said...

Absolutely adorable card! I'm heading over the the Scrapping Cottage to check out those mushroom dies. I Would love to know where to find that mushroom patterned paper.

Anja Ž. said...

This is so great. I love how you combined the mushrooms with the background.