Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Love Doves

Hi!

It's Anja here. I'm still inspired by the wedding theme, that's way I have another wedding card for you today. This time I used Fancy Doves die and new Distress Oxides colors.


- Cottage Cutz Dies (Fancy Doves with Vine, Nested Stitched Scallop Oval Set, Love Phrase),
- Distress Oxides (Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint),
- white card base (15x15 cm),
- white card stock (for die cuts, 14,6x14,6 cm square),
- black pen,
- soft brush,
- Sizzix Impressions pad and Silicone Rubber,
- paper glue,
- foam adhesive pads.

First I cut a square from white card stock and embossed the largest oval from Nested Stitched Scallop Oval Set on it. I sprinkled a bunch of drops on the paper. I used Abandoned Coral mixed with water. I dried it with heat gun. I also cut a smaller oval from white card stock.

 

The I die cut all the pieces and colored them with Distress Oxides. I used a brush to color the vines. I wanted a softer touch of green and the brush is great for that. I cut two doves of each. Later I glued them together on one side (where the head is). 


When I had all the pieces colored I put the card together. I glued the smaller oval and the doves with adhesive foam pads. 




Have a nice week and see you again on Sunday.
Anja Z.




7 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Anja - I really like your embossing using dies and your splatter background. I've been meaning to try embossing like this and now I know it works with CottageCutz dies. - Janet

Mary Marsh said...

So pretty Anja- love how you have used the dies on this card- the distress inks and the background embossing make this quite a standout- creative work

Lois said...

So very pretty, Anja! I like the way you took created a "frame" for your oval panel by using the various pieces from the dove die. And the splatters on your background look very nice.

Janja said...

Nice card, Anja!

Sukie said...

Beautiful card! The embossing looks so amazing as does the splattered background! Those doves are adorable!

Pam MacKay said...

So pretty and bright love the splattering on the background!

Jeanne said...

Great card Anja. Very fresh - I love the colors you chose!