Friday, August 18, 2017

Enjoy the Journey!

It's Jeanne here with Friday's post.  I love stretching my supplies and using them for purposes other than the original one, so today's card uses the Honeymoon Car, but not for a honeymoon!
The card is A2 in size.  My first step was to create the car.  I think the hardest part of this card was deciding what color to make the car! I cut all the car pieces from various colors of cardstock, then I used a pink marker to color in the heart on the license plate.
After assembling the car I decided it needed a windshield since I was not using the honeymooners inside.  To do this, I cut a piece of acetate roughly the size I needed, placed it over the back of the car, then drew a cut line with a sharpie.
I adhered it to the car by using snail adhesive on the back of  the car and laying the acetate on that.
I cut a rectangle from black cardstock using the second largest rectangle from the Nested Wacky Stitched Rectangle set.  To get the map the perfect size for centering, I drew a line using the inside of the rectangle as my template.  And by using the rectangle as a frame, I was able to pick just what I wanted showing on the map.  Wouldn't it be great to choose a map of the destination for someone going on a trip?
I wanted some interest in the background, so I stamped a tone-on-tone wood background on a panel the same size as the front and sponged the edges for a worn look.
I created the compass using various colors of cardstock and then I assembled the card.  The map panel and word are adhered directly to the card.  The car and compass are put on with dimensional foam dots for some depth.

This card was super fun to make and I had a difficult time choosing the word.  "Journey", "Explore", "Discover" or "Memories" would all work equally as well.

I hope I've inspired you to be creative!  See you next week.

Products used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhoneymooncar.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedrectangleset.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcompass.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplusjourneyphrase.aspx


7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a creative use of the honeymoon car die Jeanne- a perfect card for someone about to take a trip or even going away to school

Anja Ž. said...

I love the way you used the die. You made such a great card with it.

Janja said...

Nice! I like your creativity on this card.

Lois said...

Way to go! I love it when something made for one thing can be repurposed for something else. Super card, Jeanne!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the background paper and your fun themed card!

Sukie said...

Super fun card and design! I really like the background papers you used!

SugarShine Designs said...

Jeanne - Great out of the box idea for this die! It's a creative design, a little different and I really love it. - Janet