Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Thinking of You





Hello Scrapping Cottage Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring another of the April release dies. This time it's the Corner Flourish Elite die. I paired it up with the Mushroom & Flowers die to create a thinking of you card.
My card this week started with a sketch and from there I chose my patterned paper and coordinating cardstock. There are many sketch blogs on the internet and this time I chose the MojoMonday sketch for my layout.
 
When you work with a sketch you don't have to follow it exactly. For instance, instead of the corner circles I used the corner flourish die. Let's get started with some more details on how I created my card. I hear card makers say that they struggle with card layouts. That's why I look for a sketch to help the process along. It just helps to get the creative juices flowing.
Cardstock and Patterned Paper Measurements:
  •  soft suede base measures 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
  • patterned paper measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  • tilted panel is cut with the CottageCutz square set. I used the largest one 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  • rectangle patterned paper is 1 1/2" x 4 1/8". Daffodil satin ribbon is 5/8" wide.
  • vanilla rectangle panel is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
For assembly: I die cut the corner flourishes in a light blue cardstock and attached with multi medium matte. I like this adhesive because it dries clear. I think the flourishes add an elegant touch to the card.
On the image panel, I used the flower from the mushroom & flowers set and cut in daffodil cardstock. I love the detail on The CottageCutz dies as well as the additional pieces that come with them. For instance, I was able to cut the pistil in the soft suede color for some great contrast. I am not a gardener, that duty falls to my hubby, but I think that's what this part of the flower is called (lol)!!!
For the sentiment, I used the thinking of you die and cut in the soft suede cardstock. I also used the multi medium matte to adhere the words. I scattered a few sequins and that completes my card for this week.
See you again next Wednesday Blogger friends! Until next time......inky hugs. If you have any questions about what I have created just ask. I will get back to you with an answer.
 
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsquaresetbasics.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmushroomandflowers4x4pre-order.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcornerflourishelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsthinkingofyou.aspx
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Karen in PA said...

I love how you've shown how to take just an element from a die set and make a card with it. Such a pretty card. I don't use sketches but I think I should give them a try. I'm pretty boring - maybe that would liven me up, lol!
Karen

Janja said...

Wonderful colors and layout.

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Mary your card is Beautiful, and LOVE the sketch you used!
Hugs
Cheryl

Vladuška said...

I love this flower and great combination of all die cuts.

Joanne said...

So pretty Mary! Great color combination too.