Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

Since it is still Thanksgiving weekend, I thought I would squeeze in one more Thanksgiving project! Today I am featuring the Pilgrim Hen Turkey and the Pilgrim Tom Turkey from the Cottage Cutz Nov #2 Release. These guys are so cute and very easy to piece together. I also used the Ric Rac Edger die to create a 12" strip to use as an accent on my layout. If you missed this technique about how to turn your 7" edgers into 12" lengths, just click here and you can review that technique.

For this layout, I wanted to do something a little different with these two turkey dies. First, I dressed Tom Turkey in a more traditional Pilgrim black and white outfit. For the hen, I decided to see if I could make her into an Indian since my daughter is dressed as an Indian for her school feast. Everything I used to create her outfit are parts of the turkey die. I used my fuzzy brown paper to cut out the hen's dress to give it more of an authentic feel and look, I also used that same paper to cut out the shoes to make them look more like mocassins and tucked them behind the dress. I took scissors and snipped the end of the dress to make the fringe. For her headband, I used the hat band from Tom Turkey. What do you think??

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you are enjoying lots of left-overs today! Don't forget the Scrapping Cottage for your Christmas shopping needs!! Who wouldn't want a stocking full of Cottage Cutz dies from Santa this year!!


3 comments:

Shar said...

What a great layout. Love the pictures of the kids and the turkey pilgrims are perfect here! Love it.

Lorie said...

Oh Ruth Ellen! I love your creative twist on the hen turkey, by making her into an Indian. That's so cool, and I also love your layouts... Especially those with your little ones! Wonderful, wonderful!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Such a cute LO and I love how you adapted the dies to fit your topic!