Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ski Season is Open

Ski season is open, Homer knows that he has a lot of work ahead of him for the holiday and is ready to play . . just a bit! This guy is from the Cottage Cutz Christmas Stamp Collection. Love this guy, he has a cute personality, I really liked the green and purple that was used on the package, so I decided to use my Copic markers because of the intense color and used Leaf Green (Lime) and Amethyst. . but still needed that third color. . so I went with Duck Blue Copic with a little Blue Green (looks like Teal to me!). I added a bit of Stickle to add the glitz.
The Bo Bunny lime polka dot and a teal card stock seem to show him off well, I wanted to pop-dot a stream of snowflakes in the same colors so I cut the snowflakes from white and used the Copic markers to color the snowflakes. I variegated them primarily in purple, but added the lime and teal as accents. I added a few clear jewels and MM pewter snowflakes to add a metal embellishment.

As you can see the Cottage Cutz rubber stamp has nice thin, clear lines and a far amount of room to color. Giving you all kinds of opportunity to be creative.


This little tag was a quick-y that I did at midnight last Saturday. I wanted to use the Cardinal Stamp from Cottage Cutz and if I was to asleep to stay within the lines no one would notice. Well. . I didn't do to bad. I colored the Holly leaves and bird with Copic makers, than added a calendar circle stamp in the upper corner (DEC 25) with seasons greetings in the other two corners. Than added a pine branch in between. Than went crazy with two shades of green and red Tin Holtz ink. Last I added the Distress Crackle paint, Clear Rock Candy over the bird and holly. Last added a bit of Smooch Spritz in Gold. (I may have gotten more smooch on me than the tag!) I by that point I was down to only having one eye open.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family








4 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Great projects today, Barry!! I LOVE all the sparkle you added to the snowman stamped image!! WOW!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Great projects, I especially love
your ski penquin, it is so cute! You colored him so well and the sparkle is perfect as well as all the snowflakes!

Shar said...

OH my gosh!!! I have this guy in die form but I can see I'm going to need the stamp as well. Love him to bits, Barry. Awesome work!

Lorie said...

Your penguin is so cute, Barry! The colors are beautiful, and the sparkle is the perfect touch. Your cardinal tag is great, too, and even better considering you did it with only one eye open! Too funny! Wonderful and inspirational pieces! Thanks!!