Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joyous Delivery

A Joyous Holiday Delivery, what a great pair of dies. These are two of the newest Christmas dies from Cottage Cutz, Elegant Reindeer and Elegant Sleigh. I Cut the sled twice and only punched out the scroll work on the red card stock. I left all the scroll work alone on the green card stock, that way there would be a background color to match the card itself. On the sheet of glittery lettering there were odds and ends of glittery shapes so I used them as snowflakes, dots on the reindeer and sled.
I cut the blades for the sled several times, not getting exactly what I wanted, Silver was to much, black was to dark. . so looking for an unprodictable texture paper I came across vellum. Wow it did what I wanted, it was transparent which gave it a lighter look and the green tone gave a reflective look . . as if the surrounding green was reflecting in the metal blades. I guess I need to pull the stack of vellum out, I think sometimes we push old materials aside and forget to get them out and use them. It seems like vellum is not as popular as it used to be.
Happy Holidays!






4 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

I just love how you used these dies together!! Gorgeous card today!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Love these two dies together. They are absolutely gorgeous!

Court said...

How pretty is this!?!

Shar said...

This is so lovely. The vellum was the perfect choice.