Thursday, November 04, 2010

Boo!

First, I apologize for the funky coloring in my scan - it happens when the lumpy parts stitch into the non-lumpy parts so I can't really do anything about that aside from not making lumpy projects, which is not going to happen. I love me some foam tape! LOL And now, on to this week's project.

This week I'm sharing a layout of my simple Halloween pumpkin. I like to do something different with my pumpkin every year, and this time, I decided to paint my pumpkin instead of carving it. I added black vinyl accents and a green wire to the stem, and there you have it. I love it.

I used the Cottage Cutz pumpkin trio and stamp set along with leaves and vine from the pumpkin patch die for my 3D embellishment.


Here I've used the scallop/dot edger and bling accents.

and for a little something extra, I used the bitsy little spider from the Cottage Cutz spooky fence to "hang" from the ribbon. I heat embossed him with clear powder to give him more texture and dimension after I added white to his eyes. He's barely visible in the photo of the whole layout, but he's there. :)

Have you started scrapping your Halloween pics yet? Thanksgiving is just around the corner!




3 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

I LOVE the black and white!!! Such a cool twist for a Halloween layout!

Lorie said...

Ooooooh! I LOVE that white pumpkin! This is beautiful, Shar! What a great spooky scene!! Fabulous layout!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Love the white pumpkin! It's a good thing you have a fun CottageCutz die to make them with!