Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Feelin' Groovy


Today I chose to highlight the CottageCutz Groovy Car. What a fun die to work with, doesn't it remind you of the Partridge Family TV show? I know some of you are too young to remember that far back.

Back in high school I had a friend who drove an old red beetle bug that didn't need a key to start it, she used a screw driver! Anyway, I added the flowers from an EK Success flower punch that I thought went great with this die and a few Hero Arts mini stamps for my background. For my windows I used Quickutz Vellum Adhesive sheets (which are on sale right now for $2.95!) and a gray marker. When using these vellum sheets make sure you know which side is vellum and which side is the tear off strip.

I cut a piece of the vellum and placed it vellum side to the diecut, ran it through my Revolution and then colored it with a gray marker, peeled it off and placed it on my Groovy car.
Natasha also used the Groovy Car in her post last Saturday. She even used distress ink to make it look great on the road in her cute layout .

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a bright, happy card! :O) I love the colors and the flowers you used on the car! It is just adorable!!

Natasha said...

Fabulous Card Kay. I love it :-) The car looks great in those colours & the flowers just add that extra touch. The alphabet you used for the title also works perfectly. Well done :-)

Ruth Ellen said...

Natasha is right - Aquarius is the perfect alphabet to go with this darling little car! Super fun card, Kay!!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Kay ~ I love when the design team chooses a die to highlight!! The information you provided today helped me out more than you will know. Natasha's layout last week blew me away, and I immediately added the car to my list to order next. I didn't even know about the Quickutz vellum sheets, but they have been added to that same list!! I learn so much from this blog and visit daily. Thanks to you and the other members of the design team for your inspiration and creativity!! Judy

CreatedbyKay said...

Judy, thanks for your comment. It helps us as a team to know what our viewers like, what they want to know more of so we can best meet your needs. Thanks for letting us know. We appreciate it!
Kay