Friday, April 20, 2018

CAS Mother's Day Card

Happy Friday Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne today with a clean and simple Mother's Day card that I also posted in Splitcoast Stampers color challenge this week.  The colors are Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow and Soft Sky.
I used the Garden Frames die which cuts three separate circles with motifs that can be combined or used alone.  I used all three with each layer in one of the challenge colors.
First I cut all three circles and Happy for the beginning of my sentiment using the Happy Phrase die.
Then I stacked and glued the three circles together - the green grass layer on the bottom and the purple butterfly layer on the top - to form the medallion.
I cut an A2 top fold card base from white and a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch white panel  for the front.  I used a "splatter" stamp in Soft Sky to stamp a background for my medallion.
I glued a 5 1/2 x 3/8 inch strip of Mossy Meadow striped paper to the right side.
I placed the Happy phrase under the splatter and used a stamping platform to stamp Mother's Day in Blackberry Bliss.
I adhered the medallion to the front panel and then glued that to the card base.  Finally, I added some faceted crystals to give it just a little bling. A tip for the crystals - I glued them upside down with the flat side facing up and the facets pointed to the card.  When I tried gluing them down with the flat side down, light couldn't get into them from underneath and they didn't sparkle much.  This way they sparkle more!

The Garden Frames die is part of the new release of Llamas & Botanicals dies available in the online store. And the dies are currently on sale for a limited time at 25% off the retail price.  Be sure to stop by the store  - the release is beautiful!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenframes.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushappyphrase.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today and have a creative weekend!


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a lovely Mother's Day card Jeanne- the garden frame looks great in the 3 color's you used- the background splatters and bling are a nice touch

Pam MacKay said...

Pretty Mother's Day card love how you used the dies!

Janja said...

So pretty! I like the design and a beautiful choice of colors.

Sukie said...

Beautiful card! Those colors are so pretty together!

Anja Ž. said...

This is such an elegant card and the color combination is great.

Sherry said...

Love how you layered those circles to make such a beautiful scene. ~ Hugs, Sherry