Friday, March 02, 2018

Tree of Life

Hi Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne today.  The card I have for you goes together quickly and is perfect if you love sparkle!  I've used the Spring Tree of Life die which is so sweet and makes a wonderful focal point for a lovely background.
I love to play with inks while creating backgrounds.  For this card  I used Distress Oxide inks and blended stripes going from green through a blue-violet.
When I was happy with my blend, I cut a rectangle for my card front 4  x 5 1/4 inches.  I decided my blend would go side to side rather than top to bottom.
I cut a white card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches, folded in half  to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches (A2).  I also cut a panel 4 1/4  x 5 1/2 inches from a glitter cardstock.  I wanted this to be a sparkly border  for my blended panel.
Most items do not adhere well to glitter cardstock.  In order for my blended panel to be placed over the glitter cardstock and still stick in place, I used an old trick.  I took a large rectangle die and made my glitter panel into a frame.  By doing this I can glue my blended panel to the front of the card, not the glitter.  I used the largest of the Double Stitched Rectangle dies, but any of the rectangular dies that is fairly large will work - the Cross-Stitched Rectangles, the Stitched Rectangles, etc.  You could even use an oval!  As an added bonus you have a nice size scrap of glitter cardstock to use for something else.

Using Whisper White cardstock, I cut the sentiment from the Happy Easter Egg and the main image from Spring Tree of Life dies.
Then I carefully snipped the sentiment from the egg.
I used a shimmer pen to add some glitz to the sentiment and the Tree of Life images.
I used two coats for extra sparkle.  Then I adhered both to the blended panel.  Finally I added some clear glitter enamel dots to the side of the sentiment.
This card really shines in person.

Easter is approaching quickly - be sure to visit the website to see all the new Spring and Easter dies!  They are on sale for 25% off for a limited time!

Dies used on today's card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringtreeoflife.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyeasteregg.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedrectanglesetbasics.aspx

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a peaceful and creative weekend!


4 comments:

Janja said...

So nice. I like the colors that you used.

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty! Love the background!

SugarShine Designs said...

It's no secret that I love this die and it takes advantage of your lovely inked background. Plus you used glitter. What's not to like about glitter?! At least that's my motto!

Anja Ž. said...

What a lovely card. The background is so cool.