Friday, November 17, 2017

Gingerbread Spice

Hi Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne today with a sweet card.  I decided to use pink and pastel green instead of traditional Christmas colors so this could be a thinking of you card, birthday card, or in more traditional colors a Christmas card.
I've collected gingerbread men for years so there are several of this year's Christmas release that I think are really special!  This card uses two of them.
To begin, I cut a piece of background patterned paper to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch to fit on my A2 card base.  I die cut a white panel using the largest of the Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle dies.  Then I cut a 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch strip of white card stock and laid down a piece of washi tape.  I used the white base because otherwise the washi tape got lost on the dots of the patterned paper.
I die cut the main pieces of the image from a few colors of card stock and the smaller pieces from white.
I used Copic markers to color in the small bow, whisk and tip on the pastry bag.  And I sponged the edges of the girl, her dress and pocket, and the bowl with their corresponding colors of ink (Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding and Mint Macaron - the names of the ink and the subject matter is making me hungry as I write this!)
I used a stamp from the Sweet Gingerbread stamp and die set for the sentiment. It is stamped in Baked Brown Sugar.
I adhered the panel to the card front at a slight angle using foam tape.
My final step was to glue the gingerbread girl down and add the bowl and pastry bag.  To give them some dimension I used foam dots underneath them.

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgingerbreadbakingset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsweetgingerbreadstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletrectangleset.aspx


Thanks for stopping by today and have a creative weekend!


7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute card Jeanne- love your color choices and the layout - angled panels always add interest

Lois said...

Cute, cute card, Jeanne! I like the idea of applying the washi tape onto a panel of white cardstock so that it shows up better. And you're right about the names of the inks you used -- they do sound delicious!

SugarShine Designs said...

So adorable and just love the color combinations. Puts me in the mood for holiday baking! -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

So darling love the color combination and the use of the washi tape!

Janja said...

Really beautiful card. I like it!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! Your color combination looks amazing! Love the gingerbread too!

Anja Ž. said...

How lowely. Your gingerbread is so sweet