Sunday, October 22, 2017

Paper design inspiration

Hi!

It's Anja here. We got a terrible Sunday weather today here in Slovenia. Rainy and foggy, but perfect for crafting. And crafting is what I'm doing today. I was organizing my Christmas stash and found a fun pack of papers with holiday designs. Two of them caught my eye. I immediately knew which dies to pair them with.


 - Cottage Cutz dies (Santa Napping, Christmas Flamingo, Nested Stitched Scallop Circle Set, Nested Stitched Scallop Oval Set),
- Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Black Soot) ans Oxides (Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen),
- craft and white card base (15x15 cm and 10,5x15 cm),
- design paper,
- white, black and red card stock for die cuts,
- Zig markers (grey and flesh shades),
- colored pens (black, green, yellow, red),
- paper glue.

This is the pack of papers I used for my inspiration. I cut two pieces of each. Ones are 14x14 cm and
the others 10x14,5 cm. I used Distress Oxides around the edges.


Then I die cut all the pieces for Santa. This time I also used red and black card stock. Santa was quite a challenge and additional instructions given to the die really helped. I colored him with the combination of Distress Inks and Oxides and different colored pens.


I made the flamingo in the same way as Santa. I die cut all the pieces from white paper.


I also die cut two ovals and two circles. I used one for the outside and the other for the inside of the card.


When I had everything cut and colored I used glued it together and made two cards. 






This is all from me today. I hope you have a crafty Sunday.
Anja Z.


Cottage Cutz dies I used:








7 comments:

Lois said...

Two very nice cards. I especially like the sleeping Santa one.

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable cards love the papers you selected to go with the dies!

Tam said...

great cards! Santa is just so cute!

Mary Marsh said...

These are so cute Anja- you had the perfect papers for these super sweet dies

Jeanne said...

Great cards Anja - and the perfect way to use your patterned paper!

SugarShine Designs said...

These dies are so cute and you really took advantage of the perfect papers to highlight them. Nice! -Janet

Janja said...

Very nice cards, Anja.