Sunday, July 23, 2017

Cabin in the Woods

Hi!

It's Anja here. Today I have a nature themed card for you. I made a scenery using the cabin and mushrooms die. A card is a bit different than usually because it has a window.


To make this card you will need:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Woodland Cabin, Mushrooms & Greenery, Snowcapped Mountains, Stitched Rounded Square Set),
- Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Black Soot, Forest Moss, Fired Brick, Barn Door, Pumice Stone, Stormy Sky, Pine Needles, Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen),
- Distress Oxides (Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo, Fossilized Amber, Walnut Stain),
- white pigment ink,
- craft card base (15x10,5 cm),
- white paper (14,5x10 cm),
- white card stock for die cuts,
- white pen,
- paper glue.

First I die cut a rounded square shape window in to the card base. I also made a white frame using two of the largest stitched rounded squares.


I colored all the pieces with combination of Distress Inks and Distress Oxides. I used small make up pads to color the little pieces of the cabin.





For the background I used blue and grey and spritzed with a bit of water.


And then I just glued all the pieces together.





Don't forget to check out the new wedding and nested shapes dies in the store. I will start showing my projects using the new dies very soon.

Have a beautiful Sunday.
Anja Z.







7 comments:

Janja said...

I like this creative card. Well done!

Pam MacKay said...

Anja I really love this card! It is just so cute! The little mushrooms in the forefront and the frame around the cabin look fantastic!

bbgeltz said...

Lovely card. I like all the attention to details.

Mary Marsh said...

This is a beautiful scenic card Anja- I like how you added the mushrooms and greenery to the card front- such a creative touch with a big impact

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Superbe création. J'adore !
Je suis sous le charme de cette carte très recherchée.

SugarShine Designs said...

Anja, Your card is beautifully done. It helps open my eyes on how to use dies that are the wrong perspective to each other. In this case, you expect the mushrooms to be bigger since they are on the front of the card and the window gives the impression you are looking into the distance so the smaller house doesn't seem odd. In fact, it works together beautifully. Great design!

Tam said...

love it! fantastic card!