It's Anja here. Mother's day is approaching and I made two cards using new baby dolls dies. These were my first picks of the baby release because you can combine them in so many ways. And these is also my first post using new Distress Oxides.
Here is the material I used:
- Cottage Cutz Dies (Baby Dolls, Baby Doll Girl Clothes, Baby Doll Boy Clothes, Cupcake Mini, Duck Pull Toy Mini, Spring Bunny w/ Flowers, Lighthouse w/Clouds),
- Distress Inks (Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Worn Lipstick),
- Distress Oxides (Faded Jeans, Broken China, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Wilted Violet, Peeled Pint, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain),
- white card base (15 x 10,5 cm),
- watercolor paper (9 x 13,5 cm),
- violet and blue card stock (9,4 x 13,9 cm),
- black pen,
I started with die cutting baby clothes and coloring them with Distress Oxides. I was very happy to see how easy it is to color with it.
Then I die cut all the body parts and colored them with Distress Inks. I found it easier to glue the clothes first and then add the hands, legs and heads. I finished the faces with black pen and added a little blush to the faces.
For the background I used watercolor paper and some colored card stock.
I smooshed Distress Inks on the watercolor paper using water spritzer and some acetate foil.
I also made some accessories for the boy and girl. The new dies combine nicely with some dies I already had.
And I die cut some additional background elements. I colored the grass with Distress Ink and the duck's wheels with Oxide (they are both colored with Peeled Paint). It's nice to see the difference.
Then I glued all the pieces to the card base and added the printed sentiment.
Happy and sunny Sunday to all.
Cottage Cutz dies I used: