Monday, March 06, 2017

Woodland Scene

Hi, Lois here, with a fun card today.  I have used quite a few CottageCutz dies and stamp/die sets on my card.  If you know me at all, you probably know that I love making fun-fold cards -- so it will be no surprise to see that my card is a Side-Step Card.


Supplies used on this card are:

Green cardstock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Pale blue cardstock 1 3/4" x 3 7/8" and 1 3/4" x 3 1/4"
White cardstock for stamp/die sets
Scraps of brown and two shades of green for shrubbery
Copic markers
Liquid glue and tape runner
Fiskars paper trimmer
Scoring board
CottageCutz stamp/die sets - Woodland Animals, Woodlands, Garden Gnomes 1

To make the card base, I placed the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of green cardstock into the paper trimmer with the long edge at the 3 1/2" mark.  With the cutting blade at the 1" mark, I cut a line down to the 6 3/8" mark.  Placing the long edge of the card base at the top of the scoring board, I scored the wide section at 1", 2", 3 1/8", 4 1/4" (all the way across the center of the card), and 6 3/8" and folded on the score lines so that my card looked like this:


Using my Copic markers, I colored and cut the various stamps from both the Woodlands and Woodland Animals sets.



Then I cut the shrubbery from the scraps of green and brown, using the Spring Grass, Spring Greenery, and Campfire Clothesline dies.



I stamped the sentiment at the top of the tall pale blue panel and assembled my card.  The Campfire Clothesline tree had only a few leaves, so I made branches out of some of the Spring Greenery die cuts.  Here is a close-up of the steps of the card.



And again . . . the finished card.


CottageCutz sets used on this card are:











9 comments:

Janja said...

Wow it looks very nice. I like.

Pam MacKay said...

Love this darling set and your fantastic card!!

Mary Marsh said...

love the scene you have created here Lois-your step cards are always awesome

Nancy said...

Wow! You've created such a wonderful scene, Lois! It's a great assortment of dies and stamps. That tree looks so real! Well done! :o)

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Very awesome project. Making me want to get the tent ready and go camping.

Sukie said...

Such a pretty card! Love the scene you created! Awesome way to showcase the stamps and dies!

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Amazing card! Wow!

Joanne said...

Amazing work Lois. Beautiful card!!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

I love the way you put up the tutorial. Fab card as usual.