Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Scenic Jar Card with Teardrop Trailer


Hi everyone! It’s Janet with SugarShine Designs and I’m excited to share my video card creation today featuring the Teardrop Camper, Spring Grass, Stitched Circles and Double-Stitched rectangle dies! 

Be sure to take advantage of the BIG Anniversary Sale. All the dies I used for this card are 25% to 50% off through Friday. Now is the time to load up on wish list items that are on sale and share your list with family members as a hint for Mother's Day!

You can click on my video below to see how I made this cute mason jar shaped card but first let me tell you a little more about it. 


The adorable Teardrop Camper is the true star of the show! The details in this die cut are incredible, down to the tiny curtains and awning which for me is my favorite part. To create a little more texture to the die cut, I used an embossing folder to set off the bottom piece of the trailer and I also dry embossed the clouds in the background. I accented them with some white and tinsel mixed embossing powder which gives both a milky white and glittery appearance.


The base card is a 4-bar sized card and it’s created using an envelope punch board. I got the idea from many videos out there showing how to make a jar shape but I made it my own by turning it into a card with the hinge at the top. I further experimented a little and found that I could dry emboss a zig-zag pattern with my embossing board to give the jar lid the illusion that it is screwed on. The round tags were stamped and cut out using the stitched circles dies and the interior piece was cut out with the double-stitched rectangle die. It’s these little touches that makes the card so fun.


I have included the dimensions and supplies in the description of the video so go there to get all the details to make your own scenic jar card with the Teardrop Camper or other CottageCutz dies. There are so many possibilities! Thanks for spending some time today with me at the Scrapping Cottage Blog. Have a wonderful day!
 Click to see video.





6 comments:

Bev - Guneaux Designs said...

Janet, I love your creative card! The mason jar design of your card is fantastic and the camping scene is so lovely with the teardrop trailer! Your video is thorough and easy to follow. Great card and video, Janet!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very cute one

Janja said...

Beautiful card. It reminds us that summer is not far away.

Sukie said...

Adorable card! Love the fun trailer you added and that scene is so cute! Awesome video too!

Pam MacKay said...

Super clever design I love that little trailer too! Your video was wonderful and very detailed!

Mary Marsh said...

love the mason jar idea-another way to creatively use the Envelope Punch Board-I have to give this a try- and your video is awesome as well. Great work Janet