Saturday, December 03, 2016

Camping Scene on StairStep Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We had some great sales this past week. First there was Black Friday and then Cyber Monday. I managed to pick up a few Christmas presents at great prices.
Speaking of Black Friday, there was a new release of dies here at the Scrapping Cottage.  The Camping Bundle is packed full of dies for the outdoor enthusiast and can help you create some really cute scenic cards. There are 12 new dies included in this set. And, it looks like it is on sale. If you buy the entire set you can save 55%. Each individual die is currently 30% off the list price.

I am using several dies from this new release. So let's get started with some details on my stair step camping card. I used an outer stair step to create my camping scene. I bought the stair step card at a local retailer. But, here is a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers  that shows you step by step how to make your own. This card will fold flat for mailing and measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". It's a standard A2.

I started the creation of my scene with the 3rd step and there I placed the snowcapped mountains and forest trees. I sponged the white background with a soft blue ink. I used 2 sets of mountains to fill the width of the step. The forest trees are cut in a dark green cardstock. They are a border die so it was perfect to use here.
 
 
 
My next step was to add the images for the outer part of the card. I sponged the outer part of the stair in the same soft blue ink and then down at the bottom I used an olive ink and a chocolate ink. I used the Campfire Clothesline, Woodland Friends and Camping Phrases dies on this part of the card.

 

In the center part of the step, I used the Campsite die for the directional arrows and the Forest Critters die for the little hedgehog.

 
That completes my card for this week. I hope I have provided some inspiration for you with these new Camping dies. they were so much fun to work with to create my camping scene. I will see you again next Saturday. So until next time........inky hugs.
 
Dies used with links to online store;
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwoodlandfriends.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzforestcritters.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcamptfireclothesline.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcampingphrases.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcampsite.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowcappedmountains.aspx
 
 
 







6 comments:

Lois said...

Mary, this is so clever! I especially like the clothesline. Great job!!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

A lovely card with a beautiful scene

XxJULESxX said...

Oh wow very clever! love it

karen said...

Love the details on your card.
Karen

Janja said...

I love this beautiful card, Mary.

creative lady said...

Love your card!