Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Tea Time



Hello Scrapping Cottage Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring another of the April release dies. This time it's the "rose doily" die. It's temporarily sold out but you can preorder it for the next shipment. I paired it up with the teapot & teacup die to create a many occasions type card.

This week I had an idea of what I wanted to create. When that happens with me, I look through my patterned paper stash first to see what paper I might want to use. Then from there I choose my cardstock and any other matching embellishments I might have.

I found this patterned paper that I have had for a few years and I knew I had some matching ribbon. Then my idea really started to take shape.  So without further ado lets get started with some details on just exactly what I did here this week.


Cardstock and Patterned Paper Measurements:
peach card base measures 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
patterned paper measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
green embossed panel: 2" x 4 1/8"

When I was thinking about my layout, I decided to take a piece of green cardstock that matches the patterned paper and emboss it. Just for some added texture and interest on my card.

 
I then started the initial assembly process by attaching the peach ribbon to my patterned paper and then to the card base. At this point I also attached the embossed panel. And from there moved onto my doily. I thought a white doily would look best and that would allow me to cut my teapot and cups in a color. I just love this new rose doily die. It's a 3 1/2" size and that makes it so perfect for an A2 card.
 
I cut my teapot and teacup die in the peach cardstock. This is one of the petite dies but there is such detail on both the pot and the cups. I decided to use a small leaf stamp that I had and stamp the pot and cups with green ink. Again, I just do some things for added interest. I tried cutting in a patterned paper but it was just too busy with my background paper.
 
 
 
I attached the doily with some dimensional adhesive for some card depth. I  stamped my sentiment and added it onto a flag and attached to my card. I created this card for my friend as a thinking of you type card. She holds an annual Christmas Tea and she love all types of tea accessories and cards.
To finish off my card, I added some small amber rhinestones to the doily and my sentiment flag.
 
 
Well Friends that's my card for today. I hope this provided some inspiration for you. The April release is filled with  awesome dies to help you create some gorgeous floral cards. Check it out.
 
If you have any questions about any of the cards I create or would like something explained, just leave a comment. I will get back to you. So until next time.......inky hugs!!!
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzrosedoilyelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzteapotandteacuppetites.aspx
 


4 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty card...and I love doily dies and any kind of 'tea' die..beautiful card!

Janja said...

Beautiful!

Joanne said...


So pretty Mary. I love the orange and green combination!

Anita Kejriwal said...

very pretty card