Monday, September 02, 2013

Sunflowers & Country Crows



Hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

Kathy with you and today I have a fall card made using CottageCutz dies and stamps. The dies I used are Pot of Sunflowers, Fancy Floral Butterfly Corner, Tea Time Doily and Fancy Floral Lace Border. The stamps I used are Cottage Impressions' Country Crows.




I started with a side-step card for a base using a tutorial from Split Coast Stampers you can find here and Chance designer paper. I cut the Fancy Floral Lace Border with white and sponged the edges a bit. The "sun" is the Tea Time Doily cut with More Mustard that I trimmed down and inked a little. The Pot of Sunflowers were cut with More Mustard for the pot, Mocha Devine for the dirt and flower centers and white for the leaves and flower petals that I colored with inks. The green butterflies and flower were pieces cut with the Chance designer paper using the Fancy Floral Butterfly Corner that I trimmed and shaped.

The Country Crows were stamped on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and colored with pencils. I then fussy cut them and popped them on the card, one on the front and the other on one of the "steps". I also made a second sunflower and popped it on the second "step" in the background. This is a fun card shape to give a scenery card a little depth.

Here are the dies and stamps I used.













7 comments:

Simko said...

Kathy, this is just beautiful card in warm autumn colors! I love the sunflower pot and the crows along with beautiful border lace die and tea doily die.
Hugs,
Simona

Mojca said...

Oh its really gorgeous. hugs! MOjca

Donna said...

This is an adorable card and you did a great job of designing! Way to go, Kathy. I love the images, the way you inked the border ... what's not to like. Cute, cute.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just to sweet for words. I love the down home country feeling of the images and Sunflowers are one of my favorite. So cute and creative.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Cheryl Walker said...

Omgosh Kathy this is way too CUTE!!! I absolutely LOVE your card and ALL the CottageCutz dies you used!!! Love the flower pot and the crows, and I think I need to add these to my wishlist as well. My gosh, I have a LONG wishlist....LOL super SWEET card hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Vladuška said...

Wow, great card. I love how you colored everything and I especially like these two crows. Beautiful, Kathy.

Unknown said...

Super cute!