Friday, April 12, 2013

Butterfly Trio

Happy Friday!  Kathy here with my Butterfly Trio Card using CottageCutz's Butterfly Mini and Garden Bird Branch Dies



.

(Click on picture for a closer look)


I originally planned to post another project, but it's taking a little longer than I thought lol! While I was working on it, I thought of this idea with the butterflies and quickly put this card together!

I love this Butterfly Mini! The last time I used it I colored the pieces with chalk inks. This time I used double-sided designer papers (Secret Garden) and slightly inked the edges. I used the patterned side for the wings, and flipped the piece over to the solid side for the body. I cut the Garden Bird Branch in Certainly Celery Cardstock and trimmed a little of the bottom off to fit on the card.

For the white base, I embossed a small portion of the bottom and stamped the sentiment on the top. Then I just added some ribbons, lace, pearls, liquid pearls, and a button with a floss bow using two colors together. I added a lavender mat (Secret Garden) and white to a So Saffron card base. The finished card measures 4 1/2" x 4 1/2".

Here are the dies I used:







11 comments:

Vladuška said...

I love your fresh and romantic card. Butterflies always give me this freedom feeling. :) Have a great weekend.

Simko said...

Such a beautiful card, Kathy! I love the soft colors and how you used different colored paper for the butterflies.
Hugs,
Simona

Carol Hurlock said...

Kathy this card is gorgeous. I love your printed butterflies. So spring and beautiful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Sandy Palmer said...

I absolutely love your card! It's quite lovely! :)

Cheryl Walker said...

How super creative you are to use the beautiful pattern for your beautiful butterflies, LOVE IT!!! Also love how you combined them with the branch too!!! Beautiful job as always!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card, Kathy just the perfect Spring design.

Regards diane

Mary Ann said...

WOW!!!Very pretty card!Love colors and the butterflies,the die is awesome...

Olena said...

So-so pretty!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love these colors for Spring and the way you arranged everthing on this card.

Lori Aragon said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lisa aka Raining said...

Beautiful Card!!! I love the happy spring feel to it!