Friday, December 07, 2012

3 Fun Cards to Share

Good Morning friends!  Today I have 3 cards to share with you.  (I know, don't faint!)  I will start with my favorite card first.  It took me quite some time to think of how I wanted to showcase this CottageCutz Holly Jolly Legs die.  Once I thought of a clothesline nothing else would do.  So I went to my trusty google to search for clothespin images.  I should back up a little.  First I cut the legs from different colored papers, assembled, colored and inked them to add dimension.  Then I found the perfect snowy sky paper for my background.  Now here is when I searched google for clothespin images.  I found the ones I liked, printed and cut them out.  I made the snowy hills by cutting some white cardstock and adding lots of glitter.  I finished the card with a red bow and a silver bell.  Hope you like it! Oops!  I just realized I forgot to add the buckles to Santa's boots.  I think it still looks fine.
My next card I used the CottageCutz Red Bird Wreath die.  My son brought home some adhesive copper that was being tossed so I decided to try it out.  It was a little difficult to work with, but I kind of like how it turned out!  It is very different than what I am used to but I think it is good to step outside your box and try something new.
Finally I used CottageCutz Mistletoe and Holly die to make my third card.  I used a couple shades of green cardstock to cut the image from as well as from white.  I inked the greens, colored the red berries and assembled the die cut.  Next I choose my papers.  Sometimes this takes me a very long time, trying several options until I am satisfied.  I am embarrassed to say that I might spend a couple of hours searching for the right mix.  Some people choose their papers first and then design the card.  I color my images first and then choose the papers.  I am sure I would save myself a lot of time if I chose my papers first, but I prefer to color my images the way I want without having color restraints from the papers.  How about you?  Do you color first or choose papers first?  Well sorry to be so chatty today and take up so much of your time.  Here is my final card.
Have a great day!
Hugs and smiles,
Janice

5 comments:

Vladuška said...

You made some interesting combinations: first card is so cute and funny, the second one is more elegant and third traditional. Nice work.

Cheryl Walker said...

Janice, your 1st card is absolutely too CUTE!!! I LOVE how you took the Holly Jolly Legs and did a clothesline with them, tooo cute, and smart choice, that is thinking outside the box for sure. Also love the copper wreath, its very pretty!!! And lastly your 3rd card is very pretty too!!! Beautiful job!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Ava Gavloski said...

yes, i too like your first card, great showcasing on this one!!
ava g

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, Janice you have been busy. All your cards are simply fabulous and each holds it's own special theme. They are all wonderful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Simko said...

I like your Christmas cards and versatility.