Sunday, November 20, 2011

Santa Treat Box

 This week I made a project using the Cottage Cutz Santa Peeker die. I wanted to trim a triangle treat box. I thought the shape of the Santa worked well with the triangle. I added a belt and buckle to the box. The handle was made with a metallic red pipe cleaner and I wrapped the pipe cleaner with the new Martha Stewart metallic eyelash yarn.

 The Cottage Cutz Santa was highlighted in Copic markers. If you can see above I used #C5 grey (left) than blended it out with #W0 grey (right). . than went back with the blender and worked it all out. Mrs. Clause likes a little grey in Santa! She thinks it makes him look a bit frisky!
 These two cards were a little demo, make n' take class I did. I needed two simple cards . The first is using the Cottage Cutz Ornate Poinsettia die. You can't tell from the photo. . but the gold and the white is sparkle paper. I used Stickle red for the berries.
 This card I used the Cottage Cutz Snowflake Doily and the Cottage Cutz Snow Globe Accessories die.
 This is a second snowflake I made, I really liked the tree on the other side of the snowman away from the dark scarf.
Thanks for stopping by. .. .  .Barry

3 comments:

Lori said...

Love your Santa...he is just adorable. You are always so creative.

TristanzNina said...

Very nice! Great idea using the Santa peeker. I like the snowman and how you distressed with a touch of blue

Pearl said...

fabulous creations all, Barry ! LOVE !