Sunday, September 25, 2011

All Treats. No Tricks!

Fall is officially here! So now it's really time to get crafting all of those autumn inspired projects! I thought this Trick or Treat Puppy from CottageCutz was the cutest thing ever! And I also knew that my five year old nephew would love it - and would want lots of cards made for him with it! And of course, I was right.

I usually cut my images with colored and patterned papers, and piece them together. But, today, I decided to try cutting it from white cardstock, and coloring it with distress inks, like many of my teamies do. This was a really fun way to try - and I'm sure I will use it again. That is one of the really cool things about CottageCutz - there are so many ways to use them.

After I had my sweet puppy all pieced, I added a little Ultra Fine Flower Soft to make him kind of furry. It just made him that much more adorable! My card was made using Trick or Treat Collection from My Little Shoebox.


4 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Absolutely fabulous and I am positive he will love it.

Hugs Ali x

Lori said...

Very cute and you're so right your nephew with love it.

Lorie said...

This is just as sweet as can be, Gini! Very well done, and you did a great job with that technique! Adorable card!!!

Janice W. said...

This is so adorable! I love it!