Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sweet Thank You

Good Morning everyone! Angelica here, hanging onto the last bit of summer. For today's project, I wanted to create something using the new My Little Shoebox collection from The Scrapping Cottage. These designs are a little whimsy, but still feminine enough to create a soft and delicate "thank you" note.

 I pieced almost every element from the Laundry Line die and the Pink Peony Flower die using "Good Day Sunshine" by My Mind's Eye. I inked everything with just one color of Distress Ink - Antique Linen. I thought it really gave it the vintage country look I was going for. (Seems like I'm always going for vintage country these days!) The sentiment is from "Thankful Hearts" (Verve Stamps).

Here's a photo to show you the dimension you can create with the MLS Peony die. It's gorgeous and really simple to put together. I doodled a bit on the flower and leaves with a white Gelly Roll pen.

Don't you just love that dress? SUCH cute designs in this collection!
QUICK TIPS:
  • I use Zig Two-Way glue for all my Cottage Cutz piecing. It dries clear and quickly. It won't leave an icky residue, either. 
  • I always run one 4x4" sheet of white cardstock on my new dies first. Not only will you then be able to see where each element will cut after mounting the foam, but you'll have extra pieces in case you want to ink any element a solid a color. I always, always cut extra. :)
That's it for today! I hope you enjoyed it and left feeling inspired. Have you played along in the Cottage Cutz August challenge yet? I created a simple sketch and we'd love to see what you come up with! Up for grabs is a $25 Gift Certificate to The Scrapping Cottage.

Have a beautiful day! ~ Angelica

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Sooooo adorable, Angelica, and thanks for the tip! Great card!!!

Glora said...

So pretty! I'm loving the vintage country look. Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, Angelica! Everything about it is perfect.
hugs,
Gini

Lori said...

Oh My Word!!!!! this card is adorable. The detail you took really makes it so special.

Joanne said...

OMG this is so cute! Great job Angelica!!