Thursday, November 11, 2010

Christmas.....yep, already!

I'm totally not ready for Christmas this year. Are you?? I don't mean to induce widespread panic, but there are just 43 days left. Seriously. I used to have it all together and finished with my shopping by the time the kids went back to school in the fall. Now that I have all the time in the world and no kids at home, I totally wait till the last minute. What's that about?!!! So, but anyway.....

This week I'm sharing a couple of ideas you can use on packages or quick thank yous for teachers, mailmen, your favorite bank teller, etc. I love making pockets and you can pretty much use any template or make one in any size you like.

The first is a gift card holder with a ribbon that can hang on the tree or a wreath. I used the elegant reindeer for this masculine style gift.


This time I've used a larger sized envelope. Added string for hanging and tied two candy canes together to tuck inside. Again, this would be cute tied to a gift with the name on a card inserted in the pocket or hung on a tree or wreath.

I used the adorable ice skating snowman stamp for the accent. He's so much fun to color and I also added stickles. His buttons are i-rock bling by Imaginisce. This is one of the first three images I've colored so go easy on me. LOL I'll never be a Lorie, but that's my goal so at least I have something to work toward. ;)


I hope you're more ready than I am for the holidays. I'm ready mentally, just not shopping or decorating-wise. LOL!

6 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Such cute projects today!! I love how you added a little bling to the snowman and the reindeer looks SO COOL cut out of the patterned paper like that!! Thanks for sharing!

Court said...

Great job! I haven't colored much either, but I think your snowman is snow-adorable! :)

CreatedbyKay said...

Cute treat boxes Shar! I love that reindeer and the snowman is divine!

Joy said...

LOVE the reindeer! The men in my family would love this !!!
xoxo Joy

Lorie said...

Oh, Shar! Your reindeer card is nothing short of elegant, and I think you did a beautiful job on your snowperson! Girl, I could sure tell you some FUNNY stories about the first few images I ever colored. You're doing great!!!!

Shar said...

Thank you everyone!! And thanks for the confidence booster, Lorie. Your online tutorials are a huge help. :) Since I can't take a class in person....boo hoo!!