Tuesday, November 30, 2010

bring on the SNOW

We are all such FISH. . . . I was out over the Holiday weekend . . you know . . just looking. . . I really don't need anything! I really . . really don't need any more Christmas scrap book paper. Well . . I just follow the scent of NEW paper, the scrapbook store in our area. . . had to have something new! Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate Collection. I needed to work on my cards for this week and . . WOW, that was exactly what I needed. (not really. . but you know that fish-y thing again). The Collection was really different in color, they used Sage, Red-ish Rust, Chestnut, Cream and two shades of Lite Blue. I hadn't used rust for Christmas, so I went for it.
I had already decide to use the Cottage Cutz Snowman Chef Die this week, but was not sure what he would be baking. I decided on a shaped card. I used my Cricut to welds an ornament shape to create the card (7.5 inch). I cut the Cottage Cutz Snowman Chef and filled his platter with snowflakes (replaceing the cake).

The rectangle card was set out about the same, but used the stripe paper on the vertical. I also used the Cottage Cutz Scallop Border Die to add a lacy edge to the stripe on both cards. The verse stickers from the Fancy Pants Collection worked out great for both cards.
Hope everyone had a feative Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Court said...

CUTE!

Shar said...

Barry, this is my favorite Christmas color combo!!! I love the off-reds with blues and creams -- never been a lover of the red/green combination so I will have to be on the lookout for these papers. Great picks! Your projects as always are adorable. And coincidentally, I've chosed this same die to work with for my project this week as well! Nice work, dude.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Ruth Ellen said...

Love the platter full of snowflakes!! Cute projects this week!!