Thursday, January 07, 2010

Going Outside!

Yesterday was a GREAT day at the mailbox because I had a package from The Scrapping Cottage!!! Brand new dies from the Cottage Cutz Camping Release! As much as I have enjoyed working with the Christmas dies, I was anxious to dive into something new with some of these fun outdoorsy shapes.

I am so lucky because my parents have a lake house and we have been taking the girls there since they were babies. Consequently, I have oodles and oodles of lake pictures - most of which involve water activities in some way. My Dad has always loved fishing so he has worked with the girls to get them interested in it, too and boy has it worked! They absolutely LOVE fishing with Granddaddy!!!


My layout today features the Fishing Shapes Set. This is a really fun die because it comes with so many fun little shapes. For my layout, I added a thin piece of thread to the fishing pole so that I could hang one of the fish off the pole. This is an easy trick to really make your die cut shapes stand out.
I used my Copic markers to color the individual shapes from the die so that allowed me to get some nice shading especially on the two fish shapes. Anna technique from yesterday would work great on the different hooks on this die as well!!
Just think of all the catchy phrases (no pun intended - well maybe a little) you could come up with to go with the different shapes on this die...What a catch!...I'm hooked!...Catch me I'm falling for you...Got net?...Put a cork in it (funny card to a fisherman)...Something fishy this way comes - just to name a few.
I hope you enjoy seeing all the fun projects this month using the new Camping and Fishing and just all things Outdoor Shapes!!

3 comments:

annb said...

Your layout is so cute! I love how you used the thread with your fishing pole. It gives it a 3D look. Your girls look they are having fun, great pictures!!!!

Rochelle said...

This is really adorable Ruth Ellen! I love all of the little details that bring this wonderful page to life! You always do such a great job! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

Love the details on your diecuts Ruth Ellen! These really compliment this great fishing LO!