Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Watch for it Wednesday #15

This week I am going to show you how to distress paper, tags,
die cuts, etc with ink! I am using patterned paper for my example
but this technique works wonderfully with cardstock, as well!
You will need your patterned paper or cardstock item, some Tim
Holtz Distressing Ink, a water spray bottle, and an iron! After you
have gathered your items, the first step is to crumple up your paper
into a ball. Really, REALLY crumple it....don't hold back! :O) Now
you can uncrumple your item and and rub the Distressing Ink all
over it! You can use one or more colors of the ink...it is designed to
flow across the paper, when sprayed with the water, but will keep
it's tonal value! It is the most awesome ink ever!
Now hold your paper item in the palm of your hand and spray it
four or five times with water. The final step is to lightly iron your
paper with a warm iron. This helps smooth out the wrinkles and
dries the water on your paper. You did it! Now you can go add
your amazing design to your layout or card!

The Scrapping Cottage has a great selection of Tim Holtz
Distressing Ink, all of which can be used for projects like this!
This incredible store also carries the QuicKutz 4 x4 Pirate Costume
and the 2x2 sword if you would like to create a little pirate of your own!

5 comments:

annb said...

Great Technique! I will have to give it try. I would never of thought of using the iron. Great idea!:)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Very informative tutorial. Think I'll have to try this process and see if I like the result better than what I've been getting. (Think it would be flatter...never used the iron before. So glad I've got one waiting for me to break in. :~) )

CreatedbyKay said...

Never tried the spray bottle and iron on my distressing, will have to give this one a try. Thanks Rochelle!

Ruth Ellen said...

Could have sworn I posted a comment, but it's gone so I just wanted to tell you again how much I love this tutorial!! Thanks, Rochelle!

Anonymous said...

3a, for sure. Weird things happen to you! bridal jackets. Christian Louboutin Pumps Hot Sale