Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #11


Have you heard about the COPIC Ciao marker craze? Well, I'm hooked! Today I want to show you an easy way to work with those dies that generally need multiple colors.
The Ciao markers have 2 tips, I like to use the brush tip the most. These are alcohol based so they can be blended together and colored over each other for a darker color.




I took a white piece of Bazzill cardstock and applied a piece of the Quickutz Double-sided adhesive and ran this through my Revolution with the CottageCutz Cupcake tier.



Then I started coloring in the pieces with my Ciao markers. This went really quick, the thing that takes the longest is deciding what colors you want.


OK, here are my colored pieces, next I went over some of the pieces multiple times with my markers to show some detail. You can see below which ones I've gone over more than the initial coloring in to get the details I want.


Then I just peeled them off like a sticker and placed them on my card. I used my Stickles to detail the pink frosting and the cherries.


Watch for these wonderful COPIC Ciao Markers coming soon to the Scrapping Cottage Store.

8 comments:

annb said...

Wow!! What an awesome idea. Thank you so much for the tip!!! I will have to try it out!!!! I love your card!!!!

Rochelle said...

These markers are AWESOME!! I have heard of COPIC markers but never knew what the craze was about....now I see!! Yippeee!
Your card is bright and sooo colorful. I can't wait to get a set of these markers! :O)

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, WOW!! You are AWESOME!! This die is on my wish list, and I already have some Copics; As soon as I have enough $$ to place my order, I'm buying the die!! I LOVE how you guys showcase these dies and make them look easy to use!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! ~ Judy

Ruth Ellen said...

What a fabulous tutorial!!!! I have heard the Copic craze but figured since I was a die-cutter addict that I didn't need these. Now I see how I could use them with my Quickutz!!! Woohoo!! Off to shop :)

Unknown said...

Awesome adn adding to my collection! Thanks to you!

Natasha said...

GREAT tutorial & idea Kay. Your card is FABULOUS :-)

Donutfryer said...

I like your ideas with those markers. Will have to watch for them to show up on Scrapping Cottage. Love your card also. Keep up the great ideas for Wednesdays.

KatherineB said...

Absolutely awesome - thank you so much for sharing ;)