Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Watch for it Wednesday #10

I was sitting at my scrapbooking table the other day and I was dreaming of flowers! I wanted some simple, unique flowers that I could use with a project I was working on. I looked around in my store (LOL I bet a lot of us have own "store" at home!) and nothing was meeting my need. Then it came to me.....I could create my own flowers. I saw this package of stickers and was inspired! :O)

I took the stickers out of the package but I kept the plastic packaging that they came in. Then I started cutting!! I cut out several flowers (you could design any shape you desire!) in a few different sizes.

After I had all of the flowers cut out I couldn't wait to embellish them!


I took out my handy dandy Ranger Inkssentials™ White Opaque Pen and I started doodling. I outlined all of the flowers and on a couple of them I drew polka dots. I cut the centers out of different colored Bazzill paper and I outlined and doodled on them! I used the TSUKINEKO Lulu Lavender Memento Ink Pad to color the purple flower. I just blotted in on top of the cut flower and let it dry for a little while, then it was ready to go!


This is a fun, easy, and economical way to create a multitude of shapes. It is a wonderful way to get the perfect look that you are envisioning when you don't have it in your stash! :O)

Check back on Friday to see how I used these flowers on my project!!!

5 comments:

annb said...

Great Idea, Rochelle. I will have to try it on my project. What fun flowers!!!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Not only a good idea, a good way to recycle. Scrapbooking and going green too...Way To Go!

Donutfryer said...

Wow! I would have never thought of that. Great idea. I will have to try that on my next day off. Thanks a bunch for all of you out there who gives us ideas. :)

Natasha said...

Great idea Rochelle. I cant wait for Friday to see how you have used them :-)

Beverly S. said...

I'm definitely going to try these.
Thanks for the inspiration. :)