Friday, May 22, 2009

Mickey Mouse Tree!

The Most Magical Place on Earth!


I think I join with most of the world when I say, I love Disneyland!
I love everything about it-
the sights, the sounds, the magic, the MOUSE!!!
It is a wonderful place.


Our family has been blessed this year as we have the incredible
privilege of being a part of sending a very special family to
Disneyland this summer. One of the precious teachers at our
children's school was diagnosed with cancer this year and the
entire school has joined together to make their Disney dreams
come true! We hope their vacation is half as wonderful as they are!


I am creating this book to present to them on the day our school
surprises them with this magical gift. I am not completely finished
yet but I wanted to share a little bit of the magic with you!

I was shuffling throught my CottageCutz dies to get some
inspiration and this adorable CottageCutz Tree with Hearts
and leaves jumped right out of the package and into my hand!
Walla....a Mickey Mouse tree was born! I may still add some leaves
and hearts to the tree but I wanted to show you how versatile
and ingenious this wonderful die is. It is one of my favorites!

6 comments:

annb said...

What an adorable book, Rochelle!!!! I want to make one too. Your book leaves me with a desire to go to Disneyland soon so I can make a book too. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

This is fantastic! Love the use of the cottage cutz tree with the Mickey "head". I've never been there but I want to make a book. Maybe fill it with pics of the kids there in a year. :~)

KatherineB said...

What a glorious thing you are doing. I'm sure that special teacher will be so emotional when you present the gift. I hope they totally enjoy Disneyland - hey who can't - and fill your book with memories to last forever. ALso praying for them for a full and speedy recovery.

Ruth Ellen said...

I love the Mickey Mouse Tree!!! There goes another Cottage Cutz die onto my list!!!

Natasha said...

Lovely Rochelle :-) That Cottage Cutz tree is one my list of dies that I 'have to have':-)

Beverly S. said...

What a great idea!!!! Beautiful
work!