Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Manly Card Month Continues

OK, I know it's Quickutz release day but I promised I would stick to the manly cards this month.
I was so excited to get my hands on the Quickutz Spring Gift sets. I used the RELAX gift set for this sailboat card. I cut out the pieces to the sailboat and then inked around the edges with some daubers. This card could easily say "Happy Father's Day" instead of Happy Birthday.
If you haven't gotten any of the Spring gift sets, don't wait because there is a limited supply.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I just wanted to say I love QK and that manly cards are hard to make. Thanks for your inspiration. I will be following your blog.

annb said...

I love your card. It is so cute! What did you use for the water? Is that ink or flocking?

CreatedbyKay said...

annb - it is a little chalk and some Stickles. Thanks!

Natasha said...

Kay, this card is FANTASTIC - I JUST LOVE IT - as I do all your cards :-) I went to order the 'RELAX' gift set this morning, but I was too slow - they're were all sold out :-(

Rochelle said...

I love your card, Kay. It is refreshing and unique! It really does remind me of the United States Navy, where my own Dad served our precious country. This card is wonderful for Father's Day and also perfect to give to honor someone on Memorial Day! Thanks for the grand idea! :O)