Friday, May 29, 2009

GARDEN EXPLORATION


For today’s post I did a Garden Layout using some of my favourite photos of my daughter Cheyenne when she was a baby. I spread the layout over 2 pages so that it did not look all crammed into one page. She was a real ‘outside’ girl and just loved the garden and all the messy dirt that went with it. A short time in the garden would solve any tears or grumpy days she had.




For this layout I have used the following dies & products:-
QUICKUTZ CHEMISTRY ALPHABET 4x8-CHEMISTR-MU
QUICKUTZ LIMITED EDITION EXOTIC ISLAND ALPHABET
TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS


QUICKUTZ BUTTERFLY REV-0088. I used vellum as the solid back piece of the butterfly to give it a smooth transparent look.
KAISERCRAFT RHINESTONES
KAISERCRAFT PAPER FLOWERS


QUICKUTZ TREE BORDER CC-BDR-021
QUICKUTZ PINWHEEL QC-0010-S to make the leaves for the backs of the flowers on the trees and kept them in place with some silver brads. The flowers I used are the smallest size of the Kaisercraft flowers.


COTTAGECUTZ WHEELBARROW OF FLOWERS SC-CC4X4-030
QUICKUTZ CLOUDS BORDER CC-BDR-032


COTTAGECUTZ WATER FOUNTAIN SC-CC-4X4-029
QUICKUTZ SNAIL KS-0103
SIZZIX ORIGINALS FENCE

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Natasha you are amazing! This is so awesome. Love what you did with the CottageCutz fountain and wheelbarrow. Adorable layout!!

Rochelle said...

Natasha, you amaze all of us with every layout you create! This is so breathtaking! It is wonderful! Your magical little garden setting is a beautiful place for your precious daughter to bloom! Thank-you for your fantastic work! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

Natasha, you layouts are truly are work of art, I can't imagine how long it takes you to complete one.
I too love what you did with the CC dies. Your shading is awesome!

Ruth Ellen said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!! The CC Fountain looks so awesome and I love how you used the 2x2 pinwheels as leaves! I am always so inspired after seeing your beautiful creations!

KatherineB said...

Huh....breathtaking....speachless.....amazed.....wow.....get the gist.....

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

So, cute! So, creative! Always impressed with your work. Every item you make teaches me a new way to use something. Who would have thought to use the pinwheel die for trees?