Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CottageCutz Raccoon

This picture shows the raccoon die and the two different raccoon shapes you can cut from it.
I love the fact that the face just goes right over the top of the head to get that famous mask raccoons have. I have included my favorite Tombow glue that has two tips. I only use the small ended one for glueing smaller pieces on my diecuts.
I think the most common problem that card makers have is making masculine cards. There are so many cutesy stamps and diecuts out there it isn't too hard to make a card for a child or a female, but manly cards are another story. This month I will be focusing on manly cards which seems appropriate with Father's Day coming next month.


I really like this CottageCutz raccoon because he is cute but can be used for those manly cards we all seem to struggle with.
I also used the Quickutz Tree border and Pine Needles Distress Ink. For the ground I tore brown Bazzill cardstock and inked it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and then went along the bottom with my Copic marker and made some grass markings.
Keep an eye out in the store for COPIC markers coming soon.

6 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Natasha, I just realized we used the same tree border background on our cards - I promise I wasn't copying you LOL! I guess creative minds think alike!

Rochelle said...

I love this card, it makes me want to go for a hike! :O) Your cards are so thoughtful and detailed. You really did a super job with this! :O)

Donutfryer said...

Love that racoon! You are right about manly manly cards out there! Never really thought of it that way before. Great Job! Keep up the great work for us who is out of ideas once in awhile! Thanks a bunch and have a wonderful day.

Beverly S. said...

Cute card....I love that racoon. :)

Natasha said...

I love this gorgeous Card. You did a Fantastic job Kay :-) I cant wait to see what other manly cards you have instore for us. Our Fathers Day in Australia is only in September so I have a lot of time to gather your fantastic ideas for cards :-)

lifesabeach32940 said...

Well, I just added another die to my wish list ... sigh. I need to stop visiting this blog. I CAN'T AFFORD IT!! :)

Thanks for the post. Although I really wanted this die, I was hesitant to buy it, as I thought it would be too difficult for me to put together. You DEFINITELY changed my mind.

Thank you!! I try to take my granddaughter camping once a month ... this cute raccoon will look great in the pictures!!

I also want to thank you for providing the colors of the inks you used to shade the die cuts. I'm adding them to my wish list as well. :) Judy