Saturday, May 09, 2009

Card and Tags


For my post this week I wanted to do something different to my usual layouts, so I decided to make a card and some tags.
For the “We Have Moved” announcement card I have used the adorable COTTAGE CUTZ HOUSE die. I loved making this little house so much that I cut it out in 4 different colours and am planning on making a row of houses to use as a border for a scrapbook layout.
When making this card I also used the GO KREATE ‘NORTON’ ALPHABET, QUICKUTZ TREES BORDER CC-BDR-018, QUICKUTZ ROCKS KS-0439, QUICKUTZ SIGN RS-0265, QUICKUTZ EXCLUSIVE PRINCESS CARRIAGE C-0118-D-REV and some TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS.







Earlier in the year I altered a mini wooden crate giving it a ‘Farm’ theme – very similar to the theme that I have used for these tags. I was very happy with the way the crate turned out, so I have made 3 matching tags to be used in a layout when I have found the perfect photos to compliment them.

To make these tags I inked with TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INKS and used the following dies:-
QUICKUTZ GRASS BORDER,
QUICKUTZ MUSHROOMS,
QUICKUTZ PUMPKIN,
QUICKUTZ FLOWERS,
SIZZIX ORIGINALS ROOSTER,
SIZZIX ORIGINALS FENCE,
QUICKUTZ EXCLUSIVE PRINCESS CARRIAGE.

I also needed a big Chunky Tag die, which I don’t have, So my friend was kind enough to lend me her large SIZZIX SUPER SCALLOP TAG die – Thanks Julie :-)
I think I need to find one of these large Tag dies for myself or a very simular alternative because the size is fantastic.

9 comments:

Donutfryer said...

Hey, that is a great idea! Wow, now I am inspired to something with that cute house when I receive it. You do wonderful work.
I am glad to see the ideas come from you all! Love them! Thanks again :)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

You are so creative! I love the way you've used the dies. It helps me see the possibilities that I was missing. Thanks!

Rochelle said...

I love your card and your adorable tags, Natasha! Your ideas and creativity are so inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us!

annb said...

Very cute card and tags! I love the organization of your dies on the card. The little mouse on the card and tags gives the items a special touch. Gret job!

Ruth Ellen said...

Great projects as always!! Love how you used those cute little mice!! I always look forward to seeing your new die combinations each week!!

lifesabeach32940 said...

WOW!! Your projects are UNBELIEVABLE!! I can't wait to check the blog every day to see what you guys have come up with!! I love both projects, but the tags blew me away!! You are SO CREATIVE!! :)

If you do use the tags on a layout, I'd love to see it for even more inspiration!!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your talent!! I know I learn something new each time I visit!! However, my wish list of dies to purchase is growing out of control!! :) ~ Judy (Your BIGGEST FAN!!)

lifesabeach32940 said...

Natasha ~ I have a quick question about inking the Sizzix Originals Rooster ~ Do you recall what colors of the Distress Ink you used for both of them? I love the lighter color ink on the off-white rooster and the white ink on the black rooster. I can figure out the brown inks from the AWESOME inking tutorial posted for the last Watch For It Wednesday. Thanks again for your help!! Judy

Natasha said...

Judy - Thanks for the questions. When inking the roosters, for the white rooster I used TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INK 'ANTIQUE LINEN'color, and for the black rooster I used a 'CLOUD WHITE'chalk ink pad and very lightly inked the rooster so that the ink did not come out too thick on to the die cut and to try and give it a more 'greyish' look against the black.

Beverly S. said...

Love all your ideas and samples.
Great work as always. :)